Request for Information Procedures
- All Requests for Information shall be referred to the Public Information Office and must be provided in written form by fax, email, postal mail, or personal delivery.
- The Public Information Office will forward requests to the appropriate Administrative Division and/or Department. If there are any questions regarding the request, the Public Information Officer will contact the district's attorney for advice.
- The administrator(s) assigned to process the Request for Information will fill out the Estimated Cost form to determine a cost to gather the information. Please refer to policy GBAA (EXHIBIT), Guidelines for Copy Charges, which can be found under Board Policy Online at: http://www.tasb.org/policy/pol/private/071907/
- The Public Information Office will obtain a signature from the requestor agreeing to pay costs if the estimated cost is more than $40.00. The approval from the requestor will be forwarded to the department gathering the information.
- Once the information is ready to be disseminated, it will be returned to the Public Information Office, which will then contact the requestor.
- The requestor will pay the cost at the Financial Services Office, and the department will issue a receipt for payment. The money obtained will be deposited in the general fund. The requested Information will be given to the requestor after they provide a receipt to the PIO from the Financial Services Office.
- The Public Information Office will retain the signed forms and keep them on file.